Welcome to the 55th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, UPEC 2020.
Dear UPEC 2020 Participants,
the Virtual Conference has been concluded. Thank you to everybody for having contributed to the success of this particular edition, driven by the hard constraints imposed by the pandemic.
Please find below the information on the Awards given and the top-ranked positions.
For CONFERENCE PAPERS:
- BEST PAPER AWARD:
- Optimal Dispatch of PV Inverters in Multi-Phase Low Voltage Active Distribution Networks (by Muhammad Usman, Andrea Cervi, Massimiliano Coppo, Fabio Bignucolo, and Roberto Turri)
- TOP 5% PAPERS (in addition to the Best paper Award, in random order – no ranking):
- Small Scale Multivariate Testing of Dynamic Wireless Charging (by Dominic Dattero Snell, Aaron Parkes, Thomas Edwards, and Liana Cipcigan)
- Techno-Economic Benefit of Network Developments: a Flow-Based Evaluation (by Maria Dicorato, Gioacchino Tricarico, Michele Trovato, Giuseppe Forte, and Marco Bronzini)
- A Reliable Multi-Objective Methodology for Strategic Bidding of Wind Energy (by Fabrizio De Caro, Alfredo Vaccaro, and Domenico Villacci)
- Reduction of Penstock Fatigue in a Medium-Head Hydropower Plant Providing Primary Frequency Control (by Stefano Cassano, Christophe Nicolet, and Fabrizio Sossan)
- Development of an FPGA based Time of Arrival Estimator for PLC Applications (by Stephen Robson and Manu Haddad)
- Flexibility Characterization from Thermal Inertia of Buildings at City Level: A Bottom-up Approach (by Qiang Gao, Mathieu Demoulin, Han Wang, Shariq Riaz, and Pierluigi Mancarella)
For the PRESENTATION from an author under 30:
- BEST PRESENTATIONS:
- FIRST POSITION: Small Scale Multivariate Testing of Dynamic Wireless Charging (by Dominic Dattero Snell, Aaron Parkes, Thomas Edwards, and Liana Cipcigan), presented by Dominic Dattero Snell
- SECOND POSITION: Reconfigurable Stationary Battery with Adaptive Cell Switching for Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging (by Jan Engelhardt, Tatiana Gabderakhmanova, Gunnar Rohde, and Mattia Marinelli), presented by Jan Engelhardt
- THIRD POSITION: Experimental Assessment of a PTP-based System for Large Scale Time Synchronization of Smart Grids (by Antonio Pepiciello, Alfredo Vaccaro, and Tommaso Pietropaoli), presented by Antonio Pepiciello
UPEC 2020 took place as a VIRTUAL EVENT on 1-4 September 2020. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the health and safety of the persons involved in UPEC 2020 is our priority.
The Conference fees have been set up as shown in the Registration page. One registration covers up to two accepted authored papers.
The final deadline for uploading the full papers has been further postponed to 31 May 2020 (with no further extension).
The delivery to IEEE Xplore of the papers accepted and presented during the Conference will proceed as scheduled, immediately after the Conference.
The conference will be hosted by Politecnico di Torino. UPEC 2020 continues the long tradition of the UPEC Conferences. These Conferences are particularly aimed at hosting the scientific contributions presented by young researchers and PhD students who meet each other, together with experienced researchers and professors, to discuss their research lines. The Conference UPEC 2020 has the motto Verifying the targets and will deal in particular with research topics concerning the role of electricity for a sustainable energy transition.
Final Call for Papers
Registration is now open. Click here to register.
Presentation Template and Instructions
The files with the indications on the preparation of the slides and video presentations of the accepted articles are available in the section For Authors -> Presentation template and instructions
UPEC 2020 will host the following Plenary Speakers:
Power System Laboratory
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Value of Energy Storage for Renewable Integration
|João P.S. Catalão |
Faculty of Engineering of the
University of Porto (FEUP) and INESC TEC
Towards Higher Renewables Penetration in Insular Power Systems
E.T.S. de Ingenieros Industriales, University of Castilla – La Mancha
13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Market regulation of energy storage in Europe
The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Evaluation of Uncertainties in Networks with Renewable-Based Electricity Generation Systems
Representative for RTDS Technologies in Africa
Experiences with Using Real-time Simulation as a Tool in University Undergraduate Teaching
Head of System Operation Technologies Unit
Energy Transition and innovation framework: challenges for electricity system operation
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Active Distribution Networks and Virtual Power Plants
- Advanced Metering Infrastructures
- Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Continuity of Supply, Reliability and Resilience
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Applied to Power Systems
- Demand Side Management, Flexibility and Demand Response
- Distributed Generation
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electric Vehicles and e-Mobility
- Electromagnetics and Electrostatics
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Energy Storage Systems
- Environmental Impacts and Targets
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC, FACTS and Power Electronics for Grid Integration
- ICT for Future Electricity Grids
- Load and Generation Forecasting
- Magnetic Materials for Energy
- Multi-Energy Systems and Networks
- Power System Dynamics and Stability
- Power System Operations and Control
- Power Engineering Education
- Power Quality
- Power System Economics and Electricity Markets
- Power System Modelling and Analysis
- Power System Optimisation and Planning
- Power System Protections
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Smart Grids
- Substation and Distribution System Automation
- Standardisation and Rulemaking
- Sustainable e-Transition
Authors should submit the full paper up to 6 A4-sized pages in length, including figures, tables and references, prepared using the provided templates, until 31 May 2020 (final deadline). Authors will be informed about the final decision regarding their papers as soon as the reviews will be completed, with continuous notification in the period 1-20 June 2020. Authors of the accepted papers will have time to submit their final manuscripts until 8 July 2020.
Awards will be given to:
- the best paper with a sponsorship of 500 CHF offered by MDPI/Energies
- the best presentation from a presenter under 30.