Welcome to the 55th International Universities Power Engineering Conference, UPEC 2020.
The UPEC Steering Committee has confirmed that UPEC 2020 will take place as a VIRTUAL EVENT on 1-4 September 2020. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the health and safety of the persons involved in UPEC 2020 is our priority.
The Conference fees have been set up as shown in the Registration page. One registration covers up to two accepted authored papers.
The final deadline for uploading the full papers has been further postponed to 31 May 2020 (with no further extension).
The delivery to IEEE Xplore of the papers accepted and presented during the Conference will proceed as scheduled, immediately after the Conference.
The conference will be hosted by Politecnico di Torino. UPEC 2020 continues the long tradition of the UPEC Conferences. These Conferences are particularly aimed at hosting the scientific contributions presented by young researchers and PhD students who meet each other, together with experienced researchers and professors, to discuss their research lines. The Conference UPEC 2020 has the motto Verifying the targets and will deal in particular with research topics concerning the role of electricity for a sustainable energy transition.
Final Call for Papers
Registration is now open. Click here to register.
UPEC 2020 will host the following Plenary Speakers:
Power System Laboratory
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Value of Energy Storage for Renewable Integration
|João P.S. Catalão |
Faculty of Engineering of the
University of Porto (FEUP) and INESC TEC
Towards Higher Renewables Penetration in Insular Power Systems
E.T.S. de Ingenieros Industriales, University of Castilla – La Mancha
13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Market regulation of energy storage in Europe
The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Evaluation of Uncertainties in Networks with Renewable-Based Electricity Generation Systems
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Active Distribution Networks and Virtual Power Plants
- Advanced Metering Infrastructures
- Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Continuity of Supply, Reliability and Resilience
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Applied to Power Systems
- Demand Side Management, Flexibility and Demand Response
- Distributed Generation
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electric Vehicles and e-Mobility
- Electromagnetics and Electrostatics
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Energy Storage Systems
- Environmental Impacts and Targets
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC, FACTS and Power Electronics for Grid Integration
- ICT for Future Electricity Grids
- Load and Generation Forecasting
- Magnetic Materials for Energy
- Multi-Energy Systems and Networks
- Power System Dynamics and Stability
- Power System Operations and Control
- Power Engineering Education
- Power Quality
- Power System Economics and Electricity Markets
- Power System Modelling and Analysis
- Power System Optimisation and Planning
- Power System Protections
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Smart Grids
- Substation and Distribution System Automation
- Standardisation and Rulemaking
- Sustainable e-Transition
Authors should submit the full paper up to 6 A4-sized pages in length, including figures, tables and references, prepared using the provided templates, until 31 May 2020 (final deadline). Authors will be informed about the final decision regarding their papers as soon as the reviews will be completed, with continuous notification in the period 1-20 June 2020. Authors of the accepted papers will have time to submit their final manuscripts until 8 July 2020.
Awards will be given to:
- the best paper with a sponsorship of 500 CHF offered by MDPI/Energies
- the best presentation from a presenter under 30.