The conference will be held on September 1-4, 2020 in Torino, Italy. The conference will be hosted by Politecnico di Torino as a virtual conference. UPEC 2020 continues the long tradition of the UPEC Conferences. These Conferences are particularly aimed at hosting the scientific contributions presented by young researchers and PhD students who meet each other, together with experienced researchers and professors, to discuss their research lines. The Conference UPEC 2020 has the motto Verifying the targets and will deal in particular with research topics concerning the role of electricity for a sustainable energy transition.
Authors should submit the full paper up to 6 A4-sized pages in length, including figures, tables and references, prepared using the provided templates, until 31 May 2020 (final deadline). Authors will be informed about the final decision regarding their papers as soon as the reviews will be completed, with continuous notification in the period 1-20 June 2020. Authors of the accepted papers will have time to submit their final manuscripts until 8 July 2020.
The full papers will be checked for similarity (the ones with high similarity will be rejected without review).
After the review, the papers with major revision requested will have to provide a letter of response to explain the changes introduced, and the final acceptance will be decided on the basis of the final version and of the appropriateness of the responses.
Paper format and editing will also be verified accurately during review. Before sending your paper, please check correctness of language, notation, measuring units and formats, legibility of figures and tables, and completeness of the indications inthe references.
Awards will be given to:
- the best paper with a sponsorship of 500 CHF offered by MDPI/Energies
- the best presentation from a presenter under 30.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Active Distribution Networks and Virtual Power Plants
- Advanced Metering Infrastructures
- Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Continuity of Supply, Reliability and Resilience
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Applied to Power Systems
- Demand Side Management, Flexibility and Demand Response
- Distributed Generation
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electric Vehicles and e-Mobility
- Electromagnetics and Electrostatics
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Energy Storage Systems
- Environmental Impacts and Targets
- High Voltage Engineering
- HVDC, FACTS and Power Electronics for Grid Integration
- ICT for Future Electricity Grids
- Load and Generation Forecasting
- Magnetic Materials for Energy
- Multi-Energy Systems and Networks
- Power System Dynamics and Stability
- Power System Operations and Control
- Power Engineering Education
- Power Quality
- Power System Economics and Electricity Markets
- Power System Modelling and Analysis
- Power System Optimisation and Planning
- Power System Protections
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Smart Grids
- Substation and Distribution System Automation
- Standardisation and Rulemaking
- Sustainable e-Transition